Installing a lawn irrigation system is possible if you are willing to put in the time and labor. It all depends on the size of your yard. No doubt you will have to sweat a lot digging trenches and connecting pipes, but all the parts of the irrigation system are light and easy to install.
Advantages of a lawn irrigation system
Professional lawn irrigation system installation is not a luxury that can only be seen at mansions or luxury golf courses. In fact, they are much more affordable than you might think, as they reduce the amount of water wasted trying to water your property by hand. Lawn irrigation systems are a convenient and cost-effective way to maintain a vibrant lawn.
A home lawn irrigation system is a great way to save time and money while reducing water waste. Not to mention, it's convenient in that it takes care of watering the lawn, so you don't have to water the lawn by hand for hours every week. No more aching backs and burns from standing in the sun in the heat and worrying about whether your lawn is getting the right amount of water.
Whether your yard is part of an extended homestead or a small garden, a lawn irrigation system will come in handy. New sprinklers will keep your lawn, trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables strong and vibrant all year round.
Signs that your lawn is healthy:
Before we get into the benefits of lawn irrigation systems, it's helpful to know when your lawn is healthy and when it's sick and needs more (or less) water. Fortunately, your lawn isn't mysterious and has a number of ways to let you know it's not healthy.
While there are many causes of an unhealthy lawn, common culprits are watering issues, such as over-watering and under-watering. After installing a sprinkler system, you should notice significant improvements in the condition of your lawn, including:
- No more large patches of bare dirt or dead grass
- grass is resilient and bounces back quickly after walking
- the layer of rot on the surface of the soil is even and not too concentrated
- lush, persistent medium green to dark green grass
- Grass blades are fairly uniform in thickness, not thin or sparse
- The grass is not so thin that dirt can easily be seen through it
Why should you invest in a lawn irrigation system?
- It's organic
- It helps you save money by reducing your water bills
- Increases the value of your home
- Your lawn stays healthy, vibrant and beautiful
- Prevents uneven watering
- It's convenient, saving you the time and hassle of watering by hand.
- Reduces the spread of weeds, fungi and plant diseases
- Promotes healthy plant growth
- It can be scheduled so that your plot is watered at the ideal time of day
- The same goes for watering when you're out of town
Benefits for the environment
Because sprinklers spray water, they may not seem like the greenest invention on the planet, but the truth is that installing a modern sprinkler system benefits the environment in several important ways. Sprinkler systems rely on state-of-the-art technology such as timers, water meters and humidity sensors to carefully regulate the amount of water used. The goal? Don't waste water by over watering the lawn.